Friday, December 18, 2009

A day off



After having worked out 4 days in a row, it's time for a much needed day off to let my body repair. Tomorrow I'm going to be doing my 3 mile run. I'll either tackle this on a treadmill or a track - I hope a track, weather permitting.

In order to ensure a good run, I'll be drinking my water and trying to put my feet up a bit. I'm going to treat this as if it was a long run (even though it's not). While that might sound silly, I know that in a few short months I'll be in the thick of marathon training and I want to gear up my mental muscles for what's ahead.

As I approach the end of my two weeks, I can say I'm feeling really, really good. A lot more energy, and a lot less bloated! Downing all the water has definitely been helpful, and I've also been trying to avoid sugary treats - especially late at night.

I'm currently camera-less, so I can't share a picture of this, but one of my favorite new "dessert treats" is frozen berries (defrosted slightly in the microwave) topped with 1/2 cup yogurt and 1/2 cup cottage cheese (both low fat). I made this yummy treat last night after my cardio session. To give it a little crunch, I topped it with a handful of Kashi's heart-to-heart cereal. Delicious!! Once I get my camera situation squared away, I'll be taking more pictures of my food creations and workouts.

I'll check back tomorrow after my run to let you know how it went.

Photo credit Stephen Eastop

No comments: