Wednesday, May 26, 2010

30 days until my half marathon!

I can't believe it's been so long since I've last posted! If you follow my other blog, you might have noticed I have had a LOT going on! Plus that, my family has been sick the last week or so.

Needless to say, it was definitely time to check in! My half marathon (the Seattle Rock 'n Roll Half Marathon) is exactly one month today. So am I ready? In a word, no.

My longest run to-date has been 8 miles and that was a couple weeks ago. I am definitely behind schedule. My workouts and healthful eating have been erratic, at best. In spite of all the craziness, I'm pleased to say that as of today, I weigh 143 pounds! That is 19 pounds down and only 7 more to go to reach my goal weight!

I was able to head out this morning for a short run. Um, it was bad. REALLY bad. I figure I have two more good weeks of trying to make some fitness gains before I'll need to taper off to avoid injury. Later tonight, I'm going to come up with a 30-day plan to get me to the starting line and across the finish line successfully.

I'll share my plan in the next couple days.