Sunday, December 13, 2009

This week's workout plan & goals: 12/14



So first let me report on my workouts last week. Overall, I did very well and am proud of myself! While I didn't stick with the plan exactly, I managed to workout 4 days and am getting ready to do a quick workout tonight. That's 5 out of 7 days working out and I don't remember the last time I did that!

I managed to make it to the gym only once this week. I did 30 minutes of cardio that evening blended with 30 minutes of strength training. The rest of my workouts have been the Jillian Michael's. I really, really love this workout! She combines cardio, abs, and strength in a short - but intense - session. I for sure will be incorporating it into my plans for the week.

Sadly, I did not do the 3 mile run I'd wanted to do today. My 18-month old daughter decided to wake up at 3:30 FOR THE DAY and I never truly recovered from the shock of 3 1/2 hours of sleep! No harm done though, I'll work it in to next week's schedule.

Here's the plan:

Monday: 40 minutes cardio
Tuesday: Jillian Michaels 30-day shred
Wednesday: 40 minutes cardio
Thursday: Jillian Michaels 30-day shred
Friday: OFF
Saturday: 3 mile run
Sunday: Jilliam Michaels 30-day shred

While this might seem a bit much, I truly am hoping to "jump start" things and get used to activity. I also created this based on my workouts from last week, which I was able to complete easier than I expected!

I haven't talked much at all about diet yet. I'm still trying to determine how to "tweak" things into healthy balance. I don't want to do anything crazy drastic for fear I won't be able to keep it up. So my plan at the moment is to begin to slowly incorporate long-lasting healthy eating habits into my diet.

Right now my focus has been to increase my water intake and replace my usual cereal breakfast with a protein choice.

Photo credit Sanja Gjenero

No comments: