Monday, December 14, 2009

Weigh in Monday: week two



Each Monday morning first thing I'll hop on the scale to chart my progress.

Today I am at 158 pounds! Hooray! That is 4 pounds down from my high of 162 a week and a half ago. I'm sure glad to be below that 160-line.

My first weight loss goal will be to get to 149 pounds. Why 149 and not 150? Because I haven't gotten below 150 since the birth of my daughter a year and a half ago. So partly psychological I guess. At 149 I should also start fitting into some of my old clothes again. 149 will also be 13 pounds down and halfway to my goal of losing 26 pounds.

I'm not too worried about dropping it all quickly - in fact I'd rather I lose it at a rate of 1-2 pounds per week in order to keep it off for good. So to reach my first goal, I should be there anytime in the next 4.5 - 9 weeks. I hope maybe somewhere near the 6-week mark.

If you started this challenge with me, I'd love to have you "weigh in" on how you're doing!

Photo credit Gastin Thuavin

3 comments:

Running Diva Mom said...

Congratulations on your weightloss! I will look forward to watching your weightloss and marathon journey. Thanks for your post on my blog. It is really a pleasure meeting other dedicated moms, like yourself, that are doing something good for themself, which will make you a better mommy! YOU GO GIRL!

Angela R. said...

I appreciate that! Thanks for dropping by!

Reynolds Family said...

Great job! I think blogging about your journey really helps to stay on track. I'm looking forward to working out with my husband after the first of the year. We have a vacation planned with no kids and I want to look my best. Keep up the good work!