Sunday, December 20, 2009

This week's workout plan & goals: 12/21



This past week's worth of workouts were great! While it involved exercising 6 out of 7 days, it really didn't seem overwhelming. The Jillian Micheals video is 20 minutes, I headed to the gym twice, and one outdoor workout. The variety and combo of longer and shorter workouts fits in perfect to my already busy lifestyle.

I think I've also decided to do only ONE day of running weekly through January. This will help me ease back in and avoid injury while I still have a few more pounds to lose. Incidentally, I found a marathon schedule that I think will also fit into my busy lifestyle, and I'll be sharing that with you shortly. Bottom line is, you do NOT have to spend hours a day training for a marathon - in fact doing so may actually be counterproductive if you're just starting out!

Here's the plan:

Monday: 40 minutes cardio
Tuesday: 30-day shred: Level 1
Wednesday: 40 minutes cardio
Thursday: 30-day shred: Level 2 (gonna try this again....)
Friday: REST
Saturday: 3 mile run
Sunday: 30-day shred: Level 1

Diet-wise, things are going great. Again, I'm not doing anything drastic. The goal is to develop healthy eating I can do forever. I just know I'm not disciplined enough to say, count calories, or never eat a slice of pumpkin pie again. So I'm just doing my best to make healthy choices, watch portions, add water, add vegetables and fruits wherever possible and eliminate late-night snacking and "empty" calories. So far, it seems to be working!

Photo credit Sanja Gjenero

2 comments:

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

I saw your comment on Kerrie's Blog, I am also a local Seattle area runner, although I live in Puyallup :) BEst of luck on your Goal, I know it can be done. I shed over 65 unwanted pounds after baby #2 while training for a Marathon.

Anyhow stop in and say Hi. Have a GREAT weekend!

Angela R. said...

Yeah!! Thank you so much for stopping by - your comment put a big ol' smile on my face! I'm going to check out your blog right now. Exciting to connect with some local marathoners. ;)