Wednesday, December 16, 2009

"You think you're gonna die..."


Those were the words of Jillian Michaels at the end of Level 2 of her 30 Day Shred video.

And, she pretty much summed it up.

After doing Level 1 for a week, I thought, "what the heck? Let's give Level 2 a go." Oh. my. goodness. If Level 1 is Level 1, Level 2 feels like it should be Level 10.

Many of the exercises, including her cardio and ab moves were done in plank position (kind of like a modified push-up position), and boy do I realize I have some serious upper body work training to do. I ended up taking about 2 or 3 "5 second" breaks and I had to do one "10 second" break to splash my face with cold water so I didn't pass out.

While this was a hard workout, Micheals is absolutely right. If you're going to do a 20-minute workout, every second MUST count. There is no time to waste. And if you stuck with her workouts faithfully, I fail to see how one could NOT achieve results.

In fact, I feel her workouts are perfect for building the fitness and strength I want and I will most certainly use them to cross train with my running.

2 comments:

KLSreflections said...

LOL! I read your post and couldn't help but laugh. The first time I did the shred was the morning before I left for a women's confrence. During, I had to take multiple "5 second" breaks to gulp down water while panting like a dog. Afterward, I felt great the whole day....until I woke up the next morning. I could barely sit down and walking down stairs made me feel like crying. My friends thought it was hysterical...until I made them do the shred. They never laughed again! :)

Anonymous said...

Glad I'm not alone on this...the funny thing is I've done Level 1 pretty good for a week and a half and was getting a little too confident in my abilities...thanks Jillian, for reminding me I'm still new! I'm not giving up though. Her workouts are killer, but I KNOW they're just what I need!