Monday, March 22, 2010

Weigh in Monday: I forget what week it is!



Oh goodness, it's been a couple weeks since I posted a weigh in! I don't know how many weeks I've been at this now, but for those just joining me, I started first of December. So that's about 4 months.

Lest you think I'm jumped off the bandwagon, let me tell you that as of today, I weigh 146 pounds!! Yes, you read that right! I'm down a total of 16 pounds since I started my weight loss adventure - I've lost a whopping 9.8% of my body weight! How awesome is that?!

This morning, I had a GREAT 5 mile run, too. It was my perfect running weather, too: slightly chilly, overcast, but not raining. It felt so good to breathe in the sweet, fragrant air of spring. It was a pretty hilly run, and I finished it in 59 minutes. Not fast by any stretch, but for endurance runs like these I'm just focused on getting used to the distance.

It's time to transition into marathon training now. I've dropped substantial weight, I've achieved some fitness these past few months, and I have a half marathon on the calendar for June! Time to get cracking!

To avoid injuring myself or over-training, I'm simply going to be adding a second day of running per week. I'll also keep up with 2 days of weight-training focus and a 3rd cardio session as I'm able. In a few weeks, I'll replace that 3rd cardio session with another run. But I don't plan on running more than 3 days per week - even in the height of my training season.

Here's the plan for the week ahead:

Monday: 5 miles - DONE!
Tuesday: Jillian Michaels' No More Trouble Zones (this is a 50-minute workout)
Wednesday: 45 minutes cardio
Thursday: Jillian Michaels' No More Trouble Zones
Friday: OFF
Saturday: 3 miles
Sunday: 30-Day Shred, any level

Overall, I'm pleased with my progress. I have 10 more pounds to go and am confident I will reach my goal as I train for my races!

No comments: