Monday, December 7, 2009

Great little workout at home last night

In thinking about jump starting my fitness goals, I decided to check out the Jillian Michael's 30-day Shred on Amazon for reviews. I'd heard a little about it, and thought it might be good to include over the next couple months at just building fitness.

Sure enough, it got rave reviews! Over 1500 reviewers and an average 4.5 stars. I was nearly poised to buy it, when I read on a forum - or somewhere Googling - who knows - that the Level 1 and 2 videos are actually On Demand for Comcast customers! So guess what? For a total cost of $0.00, I got to do a quick and good workout at home.

My husband was working last night, so I had the kids with me, but just made do. My 18-month old daughter decided it would be fun to crawl under me as I did the push-ups and then crawl on me while I did the abs. I think I burned a few extra calories as a result.

What I liked about the workout...it was simple, fast, and effective. She uses several muscle groups at a time, and combines cardio, strength and ab training. I also like that it only requires 3 or 5 pound weights, no fancy equipment. I didn't have weights handy, but just used soup cans (which of course, prompted my daughter to go back to the pantry and grab about 20 more cans of soup to "help" me!).

Why am I sharing this? Because for me, it's so easy to come up with excuses to not exercise. Not only was this a fast workout, it was free, and I didn't have to organize childcare or go to great lengths to do it. So...if you're a Comcast subscriber, go to On Demand, and then choose the Fitness option and I think you'll find the workouts under Celebrity Workouts and then Jillian Michaels.

If you're not a Comcast subscriber, you can still find it on Amazon for under $10. That would be $10 well spent to have a nice little workout available!


No comments: