Sunday, December 27, 2009

This week's workout plan & goals: 12/28


First, an update on last week. Things didn't go as planned, but I made the best of it. My 3 year old ended up with a stomach bug (on Christmas Eve, no less), so that pretty well thwarted my workout plans I had ambitiously set out. However, in looking back, I did pretty well! I did the Shred video on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Saturday. I got in a hard cardio session on Monday and I just did my 3 mile run. So I basically got the order messed up, but only missed one workout. And I am sort of toying with the idea of doing the Shred tonight after the kids go to bed.

By the way, my three mile run went great! I finished in 33:21 and I didn't have to stop...not even once! I was able to even kick up the pace the last lap. (I love going at a hard pace the last bit of a run.) I felt MUCH stronger than last week, and my pace was a minute/mile faster, too. Still not where I want it to be, but I'm absolutely loving the improvement! I really have to hand it to Ms. Michaels...she is helping me get fit FAST.

This next week will be pretty similar to last week's plan.

Monday: Shred, Level 2
Tuesday: 45 minutes of cardio
Wednesday: Shred, Level 2
Thursday: Shred, Level 2
Friday: OFF
Saturday: 3 mile run
Sunday: 45 minutes cardio

I hope everyone is doing well! This week I'll spend some time outlining the marathon training schedule and races I've decided on for 2010. I hope you'll join me!

Photo credit Sanja Gjenero

No comments: